Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's a...BOY!! (April 2012)

 
 We went to Galveston for a family vacation and Jacob's race
 
Our first picture on the beach as a family of 3 :)
 
Morning sickness was getting better, but I was still so exhausted!!
 
Still exercising hardcore (for a pregnant woman)
 
18wk 5d It's a BOY!!!
 
We called up Bekah, Ryan & Molly, so they could all hear at the same time what Baby Holmes was...Amy Beth and Abigail were the translators as to everything that was being opened, reactions and the announcement 
 
I bought a bunch of gender neutral "Grandparent things" and individually wrapped them to keep them guessing...


The last box was a "Thank Heaven for Little Boys" blanket :)

 
Everyone was thrilled bc all but Grandma wanted a boy (Baba said he didn't care)
 
That Wednesday night we had a gender reveal party with the youth kids. I had them grab the cupcake of the gender they thought Baby Holmes was and divide up on two sides...


Girls side...


Boys side...
 
I had my sweet kindergarten class write "Boy" or "Girl" depending on what they thought it was...
 
And my PE class do the same thing...

I so secretly wanted a boy, but didn't want to voice it bc I was grateful that God had even allowed me to be pregnant...I didn't want to be picky. More than anything I prayed that God would grow our baby up healthy and strong inside me for the next 9 months. I knew God knew my secret desires and I voiced them to Him, but always with the preface of "God I'm so grateful and more than anything I want our baby to be healthy, but I know You know my heart..." This verse rung so true when I saw that little something extra in our sono pic :) I could tell right away, even before daddy saw it and the technician told us! My heart was overjoyed to have the privilege to raise a little boy that, God willing, would grow into a man after His own heart!
 
"For this boy I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of Him." 1 Sam. 1:27 NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment